Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I have a helper! Yay!!

Since I started this blog and began putting together the very basic ground work for making Jake's Place a reality, I have been having a tough time figuring out how I was going to do all of this by myself. I knew that I needed some help, but it had to be someone that I could really trust, would be motivated and caring, would have some experience raising funds, and I had to be able to afford them. What a task!

I was starting to feel a little down in all honesty, because I realize that trying to do this all by myself means that it will be a long time coming to fruition - there is only so much time I can put it on my own, and fund raising takes a LOT of time - but I honestly believe that the Lord is guiding me, so I knew it would all work out when the time was right. That time came faster than I had expected when last weekend I had a long conversation with Randy's birth mom, Carolyn, and she offered to come on board to assist me in making Jake's Place a reality.

Carolyn has been serving the Lord for over 20 years now, working in ministry and helping troubled kids. Over the past few years she has had a series of devastating blows, including trying to work from home while taking care of her seriously ill mother, so this opportunity was a God send for both of us; I get the help I need and she gets to work from home! We are currently in the process of trying to get a solid plan together and get the fund raising ball rolling, and hope to start making progress very soon.

Welcome aboard Mom!!

No comments: